The winner of a bizarre cockroach-eating contest left lot of questions behind when he died minutes after eating dozens of live giant cockroaches in Florida, authorities have said.
|Edward Archbold, 32, dies after insect-eating competition in Deerfiled Beach, Florida|
According to details; the 32-year-old Edward Archbold was declared the winner of an ivory-ball python in a contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach on Friday. But soon after the competition in which he ate dozens of giant cockroaches, Archbold started to vomit before collapsing in the pet store.
He was rushed to Broward Health North hospital where doctors pronounced that he was dead.
There were 30 other contestants in the competition at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, but none of the other contestants became sick afterwards, according to police.
Police say they are waiting for the results of an autopsy to determine the Archbold's cause of death.
Meanwhile, Archbold's friends took to his Facebook page to remember him. Wrote one: "This goes out to one of the most funnest, craziest, and most energetic person I have ever met!!! I will never ever forget u Eddie... I don't think anyone could!!"
Cockroach Eater, Cockroach Eater Dies, Cockroach-eating contest, Edward Archbold, Ben Siegel Reptile Store, Deerfield Beach, Florida