Monday, November 14, 2011

I will try to improve Indo-Pak relations, even I grew up hating India: Chairman PTI Imran Khan

Imran Khan - Chairman of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Inssaf (PTI)
LAHORE, Pakistan (Nov. 14) – “I grew up hating India,” said Imran Khan, cricketer-turned-politician and Chairman of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI), during an interview with CNN-IBN.

Khan further added: “I grew up in Lahore and there were massacres of 1947, so much bloodshed and anger. But as I started touring India, I got such love and friendship there that all this disappeared.”

With the passage of time, Khan added, he had realized that the two nations have so much common; like similar history, lot of similarities in traditions and culture.

Answering a question about his policy about the relationship between two neighbouring countries; Khan said, he would do his best to develop better links between India and Pakistan – if his party comes in power in future.

“I can give my best shot. I can fight to the last ball. We can only try. Success is sometimes not in our hands, it is in hands of the Almighty. So I can say that I will give it my best shot,” he said.

Remembering Indian cricket team’s 2005-06 tour to Pakistan in, Imran said: “Id never seen two countries as close as that. So its very sad that Mumbai happens (and) we were back to square one”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VigLink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...