Friday, December 16, 2011

Broken UV light cover sent 31 to hospital in Katanning, Western Australia

KATANNING, Australia (Dec. 16) – A basket ball match proved to be painful for dozens of fans, who were present to watch the match on Thursday evening, because of a defective lighting equipment.

Broken UV light cover sent 31 to hospital in Western Australia
Reportedly, 31 people have to be admitted to Katanning Hospital in Western Australia supposedly due to a broken cover of lighting that exposed the people to UV (Ultra Violet) light.

According to police sources; the people, who were exposed to UV light directly due to broken cover, started feeling stinging eyes, ulcerations to the eyes and irritation to the skin similar to a sunburn type effect. The symptoms developed overnight and people started to report to hospital at about 8:30 in the morning.

There are no continuing problems through threats of any chemical or vapor leaks to the townsfolk of Katanning, police sources further clarified. The problem has been controlled after being taken up by Worksafe.

One of the affected persons will remain in hospital for examination during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...