Federal Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh presented Federal Budget for the fiscal year 2011-12 yesterday (Friday/June 03, 2011).
|PM Gilani congratulates Hafeez Sheikh not for presenting budget, but for his dare act in opposition's hostile mood|
Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh delivered his budget speech ignoring the chaos in the parliament from opposition members; the way Pakistan government, under President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, has been ignoring the financial problems of poor people of Pakistan for last three and half years.
Many will discuss the numbers and figures presented by Finance Minister to fool the innocent people of Pakistan. Let’s have a look to the importantly funny incidents in the parliament during the budget speech of Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh:
· Opposition leaders never kept quiet during the speech. They did taunt to haunt Sheikh sab; but he never gave even a single look to them.
· During the budget speech Ahsan Iqbal, leader of Muslim League (N), presented a ‘Roti’ (loaf of bread) to Finance Minister. I think Ahsan Iqbal was trying to tell Finance Minister that people need food, not the numbers and figures.
· Few female opposition leaders tried to challenge the manly looks of Finance Minister and presented him a gift of bangles; but the FM’s heavyweight female body guard, Firdous Ashiq Awan, never let the opposition ladies to do something more.
· The parliament members of Pakistan People’s party (PPP) had done their every effort to silence the opposition noise under their political clapping over the benches. It never worked to silence the opposition; but PPP members will certainly need doctors for the pain in their hands.
· The copies of budget were distributed among the parliament mambers when Hafeez Sheikh had delivered half of his speech.
· At the last but not the least; the papers and pens provided to parliament members, to jot down the notes for discussion during the budget speech, were used to improve the drawing and handwriting skills.
In short words; it was not a budget speech but a stage drama to amuse, not people, but themselves only.